Here at Murphy's Corner Dental we care meticulously about your health and safety, and we are always working hard to prevent the spread of infection.
With so many news stories, it's understandable to be concerned about the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Please know that the precautions we take every day to prevent the spread of infection in our practice also help prevent the spread of COVID-19.&
- If you are healthy, there is no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment.
- If you are ill with flu-like symptoms, you should reschedule your appointment.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has recommendations for dental office infection control including disinfecting all surfaces such as the dental chair, light, drawer handles and countertops, before you even enter the room. Non-disposable items like the dental tools are cleaned and sterilized between patients. Disposable dental tools are never reused. Infection control precautions also require all dental staff involved in patient care to use appropriate protective equipment such as gloves, masks, gowns and eyewear when needed. After each patient, disposable gloves and masks are thrown away.
If you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution, wait 14 days until you see us to make sure you have not caught the coronavirus.
It's important to know that the majority of people infected with the coronavirus experience flu-like symptoms and then recover. Most people do not develop serious respiratory complications.
Those most at risk of becoming seriously ill are elderly people and those with underlying medical conditions.
Here are a few things you can do on your own to help keep yourself and those around you healthy:
- Wash your hands frequently, or use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% ethyl alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, or nose to reduce the spread of germs.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow. Infections like the coronavirus spread through the tiny droplets in coughs and sneezes.
- Stay home if you feel sick. If you have flu-like symptoms or otherwise feel unwell, stay home and rest. Call us to reschedule your appointment for a later date. This will reduce the risk of spreading your illness
To put your mind at ease, we're constantly monitoring the situation. As always, we are committed to providing optimal care for you and your family.
Thank you for your understanding and continued loyalty.
Murphy's Corner Dental
2003 132nd St Se # G
Everett, WA 98208